FREE: 30 Days of NaNoWriMo Tips for Procrastinating Writers: Sign Up Now!

by Jennifer on October 1, 2009

“You’ve sent me so much amazing karma EVERY DAY of this month, it has been incredible. And sometimes, when the first tip isn’t enough, there’s the secondary tip. And then that does it. It’s amazing! By far the smartest thing I did at the start of NaNo was to subscribe…Thank you for EVERYTHING. You’ve helped me help myself so much.”–Rabby Kin

Are you a writer who procrastinates? Ready to give up your excuses and FINALLY WRITE YOUR NOVEL?

Then sign up below for my (free) 30 Days of NaNo Tips e-mail newsletter.

Here’s how it will work: Every day in the month of November, you’ll receive a motivational tip via e-mail. These tips will give you information, advice and support to help you stay focused and finish your 50,000-word novel.

If you’re ready for the writing ride of your life, sign up now:

1 Scoke October 1, 2009 at 11:47 pm

I may or may not be doing NaNoWriMo… I’m currently in the process of writing a novel as of now. But I may use the NaNoWriMo challenge to help my motivation along, even though I didn’t necessarily start in November.

But count me in for the newsletter. I’m guessing we sign up here.

scokefaofa at gmail dot com

2 andrewtoynbee October 2, 2009 at 4:17 am

I’d like to use NaNoWriMo as a springboard to get one of my ‘back-burner’ novels going. Funny, I’d been waiting for the last piece of the puzzle to fall into place with this story (something was missing – something it needed to flourish) and last night, after I read about NaNoWriMo, it happened!
Weird, huh?

3 phoenixsinger October 2, 2009 at 12:52 pm

Sure, sign me up. I could use all the encouragement I can get to win Nanowrimo this year!

4 jblan October 2, 2009 at 12:56 pm

@Scoke @phoenixsinger Above you’ll see two boxes: one says “name” one says “e-mail”…enter your name and e-mail, then click submit. You’ll then get an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription. Due to spam and privacy regulations, I am not allowed to sign people up. You must do it yourself.

5 lily October 2, 2009 at 1:04 pm

it’s not nanowreeeeemo. it’s nanowriiiiiiimo.

6 jblan October 2, 2009 at 1:08 pm

@lily What? Maybe you could explain what you’re talking about a little more?

7 lily October 2, 2009 at 2:55 pm

nanowrimo. it’s national novel WRIting month, not national novel WREting month. get it? your pronunciation is incorrect.

8 jblan October 2, 2009 at 3:34 pm

@lily Um, that’s called having an accent, sweetheart. We all pronounce words differently, that doesn’t mean I’m wrong.

9 Nancy October 2, 2009 at 6:31 pm

Jennifer, I really enjoyed your NaNoWriMo video & finally seeing you in person and hearing your voice after all this time reading and being inspired by your blog. Thanks for your help!

10 Laura Lee Bloor October 2, 2009 at 7:00 pm

I’m juggling a lot right now, so let me get a few things off my plate and then I’ll let you know for sure if I’m doing NaNoWrMo. If I do, then I will definitely sign up for your tips!

11 Scoke October 2, 2009 at 7:34 pm

Ah, sorry for the confusion, Jennifer. The boxes didn’t show up in my Firefox browser, had to switch to IE to see them. Probably something with the coding.

Regardless, I’m signed up now.

And lily? Your grammar is incorrect. Get it?

12 K.M. Weiland October 5, 2009 at 11:57 am

I’ve never done NaNo – in part because it just wouldn’t fit into my lifestyle and in part because I’ve never been a procrastinator and have always written steadily. But I am a huge fan of the whole idea. I’ve seen so many people benefit so hugely from it. Long live NaNoWriMo! 😀

13 Kate Shelton October 6, 2009 at 2:20 pm

It’s my first NaNo and I could use all the motivation I can get! Thanks!

14 Keslie Neill October 6, 2009 at 9:02 pm

I would defiantly like some help, I have a dreadful habit of procrastinating everything ans this is my first NaNoWriMo, so tips would be very helpful. Thank you ^^

15 Susie McCray October 7, 2009 at 8:33 pm

I think I will participate in NaNoWriMo this year. I already have an idea, it came to me in a dream if you can believe that. This is something that will be good for my writing career because I am a world-class procrastinator. I may need someone to keep reminding me to write.

16 jblan October 7, 2009 at 8:38 pm

@Susie McCray I believe it! In fact, the idea for my very first novel came to me in a dream too!!

17 Deb G November 12, 2009 at 3:37 pm

I wish I had found you sooner!!

18 Kevin Armes October 13, 2010 at 5:58 am

Maybe we should all, when addressing Lily, pronounce her name Lye-lye. This has the added advantage of not rhyming with ‘silly’.