You probably read that headline and thought—what? A word processor? Who even uses those anymore?
But what you might not realize is word processors are amazing tools, especially for writers who procrastinate.
Word processors allow you to do one thing and one thing only: Write.
They are distraction-free, which makes them one hell of a tool for getting your writing done. What a great way to get your first draft out of your head and down on paper.
I just happen to have the perfect one. It’s an AlphaSmart NEO*.
And I’m giving it away to one lucky reader.
All you have to do is answer the following three questions in the comments below:
- What’s the biggest creativity challenge you have right now?
- What’s your biggest health goal for this year?
- What’s one problem relating to your writing, creativity and/or health that could use solving ASAP?
POST YOUR RESPONSE BY MAY 15, I’ll be randomly drawing the winner from all entrants that night.
What’s An AlphaSmart NEO?
It’s a cool word processor. Here are the features:
- It runs on battery power—and you can get up to 700 hours of use before having to replace the batteries.
- It’s wireless—since it runs on battery, you can take it anywhere you want to write
- It’s easy to upload the text to your computer—once you’ve written on the NEO, you can hook it up to your computer and transfer the text over for second drafting.
- You can change the font size and line count—custom settings allow you to write however works best for you
Why Would I Want To Enter To Win One?
Because you’ll get the following benefits:
- A distraction-free way to write—NEO’s sole purpose is writing, making it pretty much impossible to do much else while you’re using it. That’s what makes it the perfect tool for a procrastinating writer!
- Portability—since it uses battery power, you can travel with it like you would a laptop, only NEO is much, much lighter than a laptop and doesn’t heat up either.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and good luck!
*This AlphaSmart NEO is circa 2008; it was given to me as a gift, but I had just purchased a new laptop. I only used this NEO twice; it’s in perfect condition and works great. The newer models are pretty much exactly the same as this one.